Some quick notes about the using the conference room equipment
For the hudson alpha encode conference call, the phone number is programmed into the PolyCom.
- Press the Phone Book menu button
- Select the encode entry
- Entire 0431# for the conference number
To use iChat.
- Make sure the long VGA cable running from the mac mini on the shelf near the screen is plugged into the projector
- Turn on the projector
- Try either the white mac wireless mouse
- To turn the mac mouse on, flip it over and open the cover over the laser.
- (To save battery when done, turn the mouse back off by flipping the cover back)
- if the white mouse isn't working there's 2 mice on top of the black computer, one of which is plugged into the mini.
- Press the mouse until the mini turns on.
- iChat should automatically start up and say "online" or something
- If it doesn't someone probably unplugged the ethernet cable.
- There should be a long blue cable going from under the desk into an 8 port ethernet switch.
- There should be a shorter cable going from the ethernet switch to the mini.
- Also the lights on the switch should be on, so check to make sure the power is plugged in to the switch.
- Once you have an internet connection, you should be able to accept the invitation or click on the camera icon to invite someone to a video chat.