Some quick notes about the using the conference room equipment
HA Conference Call
For the hudson alpha encode conference call, the phone number is programmed into the PolyCom.
- Press the Phone Book menu button
- Select the encode entry
- Press the large button on left side with the phone handset icon.
- Enter 0431# for the conference number, when prompted by the software.
- Optionally say a quick name.
To use video conferences.
- Make sure the long VGA cable running from the mac mini on the shelf near the screen is plugged into the projector
- Turn on the projector.
- Try either the white mac wireless mouse
- To turn the mac mouse on, flip it over and open the cover over the laser.
- (To save battery when done, turn the mouse back off by flipping the cover back)
- if the white mouse isn't working there's a mouse on top of the black computer which is plugged into the min. (Feel free to trace the cord if something is wrong.)
- Press a mouse until the mini turns on or hit the power button on the back upper right of the mini.
- If the video confrence tool doesn't work someone probably unplugged the ethernet cable going to the switch.
- There should be a long blue cable going from under the desk into an 8 port ethernet switch.
- There should be a shorter cable going from the ethernet switch to the mini.
- Also their should be two lights on the switch should be on over the ethernet jacks, so check to make sure the power is plugged in to the switch.
- Once you have an internet connection, you should be able to accept the invitation or click on the camera icon to invite someone to a video chat.
- the username is woldlabguest